Saturday, May 4, 2013

First Birthday Preparations

 
We celebrated Amy's birthday the following Sunday- April 22nd. Here are just a few of the things I put together to make her day a special "one"!
 
For party favors, I made cookies that I stamped with a "1,"wrapped them in saran wrap, and tied a ribbon around them.
(I did this while watching news coverage of the capture of the Boston bomber...just thought I would mention that because I think I will forever correlate the two!)
 
 
 
As a sweet activity for the guests, I had them write Amy a note and called it a time capsule- I cannot take credit for the idea {Pinterest}
The guests enjoyed writing their notes to Amy. I would be lying if I told you I wrote mine with dry eyes. I was balling like a baby thinking of her as a 20 year old woman...
 
 
Next, I wanted to do a timeline, but I didn't want to just do a month-by-month count. I chose to do two timelines. The first one was a timeline of "firsts"...
 
 
 
 
I also did the traditional timeline...which the pictures turned out too dark to see. I should have closed the blinds first...oh well...
 
 
 
 

I made tissue paper hanging things (what's the correct word??). Vladimir actually made one too to help! I think they turned out pretty cute. MUCH better than having those terrible balloons that could pop at any second hanging around...
 

 

And finally, the outfit I made for Amy. I monogrammed her onesie and then made the tutu. It was absolutely adorable on her. And to be the worst mom ever, I did not get a picture of her in it. I realized after the cake had been smashed that I never got a picture. I cannot stop kicking myself about it! Oh well..
 



No comments:

Post a Comment