Saturday, September 8, 2012

What a week :)

Happy Saturday, y'all!

What a week it has been. I always love three day weekends, but always forget that the short week following is always a long one! Monday we went to my aunt and uncle's house for hamburgers and hot dogs. It was great to see everyone! Bailey has grown too much and too fast and everyone loved seeing Amy :)

Becca Boo and Amy
 
When we got home, we gave Amy her first go at rice cereal. She loved it! It does tend to get a bit messy though...

Mmm, rice cereal..
  
The next day was back to school and cross country! The kids had a meet at RNE and ran well! Dyllan had some struggles with not feeling too well, so a fellow XC runner gave him support at the very end. So sweet to watch a big senior support a little sixth grader :)

 
Wednesday they had a meet in Chapin, and since Vladimir was working, I stayed home for that one and let them ride the bus back. I think they enjoyed that more than me driving them back!
 
Thursday was a normal day, although cross country practice was cancelled..yay! I caught up with an old Conder friend, Stacy, so she could help Alyssa with her violin. Amy and I got to play with her sweet boys, Michael and Christopher. I think Amy was a bit scared of all the noise at first, but quickly warmed up to them! Stacy is having a baby girl next year and Amy was good practice for the boys. They brought one of the baby's loveys to "test" on her!
 
Friday (yay for Friday!) we ate at Mouse Trap with mom. A lot of older folks like to eat there. Katie, my cousin, was working. We decided to surprise her with a visit. It was fun to listen to the music and watch the "elders" as Alyssa called them.
 
Today, we got a lot of cleaning done and enjoyed a beautiful Saturday. Amy's nose was congested all last night and today. The humidifier is running now. Hopefully it won't last too much longer.
 
Tomorrow we will head to church and enjoy a day of rest.
 
As for the school week, I am really loving middle school. They understand my sense of humor. Before, I would make a joke and laugh to myself because it would go right over my student's heads. Now I find the students are laughing with me...or maybe at me. Educationally speaking, I had my first writing conferences this week. It was so neat to actually have the students understand what I am saying about their writing, take it to heart, and make the changes. I feel like I can connect to the 7th and 8th graders better.
 
On a less educational note, I realized that I have it made this year. In previous years, I only got a 50 minute break, which more than likely was filled with a meeting. This year, I get 1 hour and 20 minutes of a free period (which is mine to do what I want...I went to the bank and Publix on Friday!) AND I get a 40 minute lunch break (which is usually reserved for pumping haha TMI I KNOW). Sorry to any public elementary school folks reading this. Also, my troublesome students (which is no where near the troubles I have seen in the past..) leave me after 80 minutes..and I only see them every OTHER day! The only class I see everyday is my House and that isn't a class. Its more of a homeroom on steroids. But more about that later.
 
And lastly, a new milestone to mention...I have realized that Amy has become very fond of the dogs. Before, she would either just look at them, or ignore them completely. She likes to "talk" to them. They get bored after a while, but she still has fun (until she grabs their hair...) and loves it when they lick her face. Probably because she knows mommy hates it!
 Here she is talking to Jack:
 

 
 
Until next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment