Saturday, September 1, 2012

Crazy, beautiful life

What a crazy few weeks it has been. What an amazing few weeks it has been.

1. Milestones

Amy has hit several milestones all at once. She decided to start rolling over at 4.5 months. She now turns herself over at some point every night and sleeps on her belly. Drives me nuts. I find myself checking her breathing way too much.

She has also giggled for me. It is when I tickle her under her chin, and when she is in a super happy mood, but it is a real giggle. The best sound in the world!

She has (almost) mastered her hands. If we hold a bottle in front of her, she will grab it and pull it to her mouth. After a few seconds the weight of the bottle gets the better of her, but she understands what she is doing! She will take her paci from us. If it is angled correctly in her hands, she can put it in her mouth. Its fun to watch because it usually takes her several tries. The first try gets into her eye. The second try she gets it turned around and puts the handle in her mouth. Eventually she gets it in the correct spot. Now, if we can only figure out how to let go of the paci without removing it entirely. But that's for another day!

2. Schedule CrAzInEsS

Oh me, oh my- who knew how life with one child at daycare, one at St. Joseph, and one at Cardinal Newman can be so hectic! Daycare is pretty simple. There is no homework or papers to sign. I cannot stay organized with Dyllan's paperwork and Alyssa's paperwork. Luckily they are pretty organized on their own. Throw in the drama with cross country and you've got one busy day!

I take Dyllan to school in the mornings, then Alyssa and I head over to CN. Luckily my first block is free, so getting to school 5 minutes before students show up isn't an issue for me. After school, I go pick up Amy, head home to try to organize stuff for dinner only to go back to CN to pick up the kids from cross country practice. Then I go back home and cook dinner, feed Amy, wash bottles, get stuff ready for school/daycare the next day. Rest for 5 minutes. Sleep. Wake up and do it alllll over again! I love the weekends...

It has been an adventure adjusting back to a routine, with an infant in tow. I am having so much fun with her, though, that the craziness is all a part of the fun!

3. New job

I am LOVING my new job. I was pretty nervous before classes started. I mean the jump from 3rd grade to 7th/8th grade is HUGE! I teach 3 different classes, for a total of 6 blocks altogether. I am also a House Head, which means I have 20 kids who are a part of Augustine House that compete against the other houses (Aquinas, Albert, Anthony, Catherine, Teresa, Isidore, and Bonaventure) for House points. It helps build camaraderie and makes middle school a bit easier. I wish they had it when I was a student. Alyssa is in Bonaventure. Wait until next year when we have a three-way competition in our home (Augustine vs. Bonaventure vs. whatever Dyllan gets sorted into). 

The kids I teach are great. They make me laugh every day. I worry think about how that may hurt my classroom management, but then I realize, they are not going to run all over me because I giggle at a joke. They are looking to be treated with respect. I give them that everyday in my classroom. Besides the kids being a bit chatty, I haven't had any behavior problems. I hope this continues. Oh, and I think they like me! :)

Alrighty, until next time! Happy Labor Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment