Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Self Soother

I know I talk a lot about share a lot of pictures get really annoying when it comes to my baby girl, Amy. That's because I have never known this kind of love!! It really is the best feeling in the world. How can you not go crazy over someone that was once a part of you?? And she is the most beautiful baby in the world!
She's so pretty! :)
Today I have to brag one more time. Normally, she has to be rocked or cuddled in order to take a nap. I decided to swaddle her, give her the paci and leave her alone this time. With the house being shown tomorrow, I had too much to do to rock her and cuddle with her, even though I would do it all day if I could! She cried and cried. I ignored it for a little bit then went and replaced the paci once and left. She fussed a little bit more. Next thing I know she is falling asleep!

This is from another nap- when she required a cuddle. Not today!!!

I have been worrying the past few days (worry should be my middle name) that she would never learn to self soothe. I had visions of the daycare workers talking behind my back about how bad mother I am because Amy couldn't fall asleep on her own. I know, silly me. 


Well I think (and I hope I am not jinxing myself) that maybe, just maybe, she is learning to self soothe! Now I am going to pray that the thunderstorm doesn't wake her up!

No comments:

Post a Comment